Gitea upgrade from 1.16.5 to 1.16.8
I'll assist Raphaël in upgrading a Gitea instance running 1.16.5 to 1.16.8.
The upgrade was notified by a monitor probe (nagios?) based on the content of https://dl.gitea.io/gitea/version.json. It was noted on that occasion that it has 1.16.7 instead of the latest version. It is apparently manually updated and sometime overlooked.
Previous upgrades were done using this script. This time around the idea is to also:
gitea doctor --allbefore the upgrade to spot outstanding problems
- Run a filesystem backup before the upgrade (in case
gitea dumpdoes not produce a backup that can be restored)
gitea doctor --allafter the upgrade
- Perform manual verifications
- backup the postgres databases using a custom command
- upgrade.sh -v 1.16.8
- gitea --work-path /var/lib/gitea doctor -c /etc/gitea/app.ini --all
- manual check of the web interface looks good
- The script took a very long time (5 minutes?) to get to the PGP key servers and it looked like it was stuck downloading the binary
- gitea doctor complained for not being able to write in /usr/local/bin/data/gitea because the --work-path was not set
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?